Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thomas Kuhn held that theory choice is irrational. This is a minority position in the philosophy of science. He by no means succeeded in refuting Karl Popper's work on falsification.

"This entry has no concept of what Buddhism is about."

You make it sound like there's one definition of Buddhism but that's demonstrably not the case. Anyway that which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. I'm not threatened by Buddhism, I just find it absurd and boring, an insult to my intelligence. I'd much rather look at the images from the Hubble telescope. If those images don't inspire humility, I don't know what will.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PhilcUK-1274438506.jpg

If devastation is the price we have to pay for trying to face the truth, in my view it was definitely worth it. I have no regrets. I like your new idea from last night: I should be publicly defending science since I feel so strongly about it! Like Richard Dawkins on acid.

No comments: